One Day at A time

Well, Blake is 2 months old this week. It seems like just yesterday her was handed in my arms. It feels like this summer has just been a whirlwind and now fall is almost here and school will be starting. I wanted to write a little bit about BLake since my mind has been going in 3 different directions.

He has a ton of hair! It is so cute.Taylor has been giving him a mohawk and brushing his hair every morning!


He is growing fast.I bet he is 15 pounds and likes to eat. He has the chunkiest little face and has snuck a few smiles this week. I have to say he reminds me of his Grandpa Smith in Canada a little bit. He has a Smith look for sure. He likes music. Taylor went and played the Harry Potter Theme song on the piano and I swear Blake recognized it.


Maybe it was my imagination. He loves to look at light of any kind and fans on the ceiling. Sometimes I wonder if Heaven has lots of light.Can babies remember?


 It is a precious thought. He is happiest in the morning- and yes he SLEEPS through the night! I can't believe it but he does.I feed him maybe once- but other than that lights out.It is wonderful!!

He has finally settled down and likes his crib and everything. It seemed he was just a little uncomfortable all the time for the first couple of weeks. But things are better. Im really trying to eat healthy so he is happy, so I am happy. This summer has been extra hot and we have been outside a ton so now that this week is cooler things are just better.

We have adjusted a little better this month. I think we went into shock a little bit with all the changes and everything.We have had so many friends help, bring meals, call for playdates, offer to do things. I could get used to this treatment LOL. But friends have been so thoughtful. I have felt very blessed to have friends who care- you know who you are.


Sometimes after a baby it's just hard to focus and remember to do the things we normally do. But we are getting into a groove which is good because next week the boys start school and we will need a routine.

I had forgotten how much you can love a new baby and how precious they are. It is so fun to hold them because someday they grow up and don't want you to hold them anymore. I have to say the thought of 3 boys was a bit overwhelming but what fun to have a house of boys and friends they have for each other.


I hope they are friends always. I feel so lucky to have him. It has been a sweet summer.

No comments: